How to Undo, Edit, Delete or Cancel Already Sent Email In Gmail
This article will teach you how to Undo, Delete, Edit and cancel already sent email in Gmail.
Believe me when I say it is very easy to undo sent email…
Sending mails to someone is really easy. But what about if the mails was sent to the wrong email address or possibly sent with wrong or missing contents. Its habit of most people, while sending the mail sometimes they never review the person’s mail id. Sometimes, they don’t bother about content and end up sending it blindly.
Most times, after sending they realize oh my God! I have sent this email to the wrong person or with the wrong content, what should I do now?
You need not to be worried, I will reveal to you how you can undo, edit, delete or cancel email, even after the message had been sent.
There are some settings that you need to follow in your Gmail account, after which then you can undo, delete, edit or cancel emails – even after you have sent it.
How to Undo, Delete, Edit or Cancel Already Sent Email In Gmail
1. Login into your Gmail account and then click the Gear icon on right top corner.
2. Then click on Settings.
3. Next, click on Labs tab on Settings page
4. Scroll down and find Undo Send option.
5. Click on Enable radio button to enable the undo features
6. Scroll the page down to the bottom and click on Save Changes button.
7. After you save the changes your Gmail account will reload automatically.
8. Again click on Gear icon and click on Settings option.
9. On settings page, scroll the page down a little and click on Enable Undo Send check box.
10. Click on period (by default shown 10 seconds) you may select 30 seconds.
11. Go down the page to the bottom and click on Save Changes button.
And that is it. With this settings, you can Undo, Delete or Edit already sent email messages within 30 seconds.
So if you send any message to the wrong email address or with wrong content, you can undo, edit or delete the message within 30 seconds.
See image below on how to undo after you have sent a mail.
Whenever you compose a mail and click on send button, immediately after sending the mail, on the top you will see the option to Undo the sent mail.