How to Stop MTN From Deducting your Airtime After Recharging
On this article I will let you know the reason why MTN deducts your airtime unnecessarily and how to stop them.
In recent times so many people have been complaining about the unnecessary deduction of credit immediately after recharging.
The last I witnessed two weeks before writing this article “a friend recharged N1000 airtime to use for data subscription – checking his account balance he saw only N750 that means N250 was deducted.
The question is “why was his airtime deducted”
Most time people end up subscribing for different MTN packages without even knowing. There are lots of tricks MTN contents use to sell their products. The most annoying is the pop-up message of an offer – which lots of people end up clicking without knowing they have subscribed for one package or the other.
There is another trick where we received phone call from machine – asking to press a button to accept an offer. Most people are ignorant of effect of what they are doing and end up pressing and subscribing for packages they know nothing about.
There are also lots of other tricks MTN use, but lets look at how to prevent MTN from deducting phone credit.
How to stop MTN from deducting Airtime after recharging.
- Dial *123*5# to check which service is deducting your airtime.
- Press 1 and send to see the list active service(s)
- Enter the number of any active service you wish to stop and send.
- Enter the deactivate number and send, a deactivation confirmation SMS.
- If there is more than one active services you will have to repeat step in no. 4 on each of the service, to totally deactivate them.
Once all services which you opt-in intentionally or accidentally has been deactivated MTN will never deduct your airtime again. Else you activate another package.
But I advice you dial *123*5# monthly just to be sure you are not being charged for anything.