How To Register For Jamb Online 2019
This article gave a comprehensive detail on how register this year JAMB UTME online without having an issue.
JAMB which is the acronym of Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board is a Nigerian based entrance examination board specifically designed for tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
JAMB conducts entrance level examinations known as the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for prospective undergraduates to gain admission into universities Nigerian.
It is also the responsibility the board to administer similar examinations for applicants into private monotechnics, public monotechnics, polytechnics, and college of educations in Nigeria.
Before a candidate can sit for the JAMB UTME exam he or she must have already sat for the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), or National Examination Council (NECO).
The UTME is conducted every year by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board to determine the students that will be admitted or not into tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
After the examination each year, the board will release the score of every candidates that participated in the exam. The score will be out of 400 mark. Any candidate that sat for the exam and scored below 180 mark will be eligible to apply for only polytechnics in Nigeria, and those that scored above 180 will be eligible to apply for admission into universities.
Most people find a little difficult to register for JAMB thereby paying huge sum of money for people to help them with the whole process. If you among this category of people you don’t need to spend a dime because I am going to explain all the steps and process required to register and sit for UTME.
Step to Register for JAMB UTME Exam Online
1. Create a JAMB profile
To create a Jamb profile, you must a functional email address. If you don’t have an email then create an email address for yourself, an email won’t take more than 5 minutes to register.
Once your email is ready, navigate your web browser to https://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/ValidateeMail
The following steps will be necessary
- On the Jamb portal link web page above fill up all the required data with the correct information and enter your correct e-mail address, choose a secret question and give your answer. Click on the link above to do this.
- Click on “Verify e-mail” after that an email will be sent to your email address, an SMS will also be sent to the phone number you entered. The email you that was sent to you and the SMS as well will both carry a 10 digit Confirmation Code.
- Simply click on the link in the email and complete your registration. You can also make use of the 10 digit Confirmation Code for verification to complete your registration if you are still on the web page and it was requested.
- Not just your inbox, you may also have to check you spam folder if you can find the email in your inbox.
- After clicking on the link in the email on the web page that will open fill your bio-data and personal information that is required. Click on Sign Up then Login to see your Jamb profile.
2. JAMB ePIN registration payment
Visit any bank around you that accept payment for Jamb ePIN. The list of banks the accept payment of JAMB ePIN are listed below.
- Access Bank
- First Bank
- Fidelity Bank
- Jaiz Bank
- Sterling Bank
- Union Bank
- Unity Bank
- Zenith Bank
Alternatively, instead of making the payment in the bank you can choose pay via electronic means on the JAMB portal.
If you are not comfortable with either of the payments options listed above then you visit any accredited CBT centers and make use of their POS to make secure payments.
3. Visit any Jamb accredited CBT Center
This is final step required when registering for jamb. Simply visit any jamb accredited CBT (Computer Based Test) center. Make sure you go there with you bio data and ePIN.
- You may have to service charge of ₦700.
- Provide them with all needed personal information, make sure all information is very correct. Any information you provide is what jamb will record for you. Misspelled name once submitting may be very hard and involve lots of process to correct.
- Also provide them with your choice of examination state and town. Try to find out the dates of the UTME so you will know your location then, it will enable you to get a center close to your location. So you won’t have to travel long distance just for an exam of two hours.
- Your academic qualifications, and a biometric enrollment, your 10 finger prints and picture will be captured in the CBT center.
- You will also have to provide them with your O-Level and/or A-Level grades. If you are on awaiting result, also provide them with that information.
- Print and collect an eSlip as evidence of your payment.
After all these process has been completed the CBT centre will give you some material, which consists of all the recommended reading text as well as a CD which will contains the following below.
- An e-Brochure: This you give you the guidelines on admission detailing the list of all the tertiary institutions the causes they all study.
- An e-Syllabus: This will give you with the topics which every student is expected read up. It will serve an area of concentration.
- A guide on how to complete the application form step by step.
- A short video message from JAMB Registrar.
- A demo on how to use keyboard for UTME without a mouse.
Warning from JAMB
Please note that JAMB no longer allow offline registration. All registration must be done in an Jamb accredited CBT center and JAMB state offices nationwide. Therefore, if any candidate registered outside the accredited CBT centers or outside the JAMB state offices, that candidate may be disqualified.