How to Make Online Remita Payment and Generate RRR
On this article you will learn How to Make Online Payment with Remita and Generate your RRR.
Remita is an online payment solution and a payment gateway adopted by the Federal Government under its Treasury Single Account (TSA) policy in 2015.
The Remita platform has significantly assisted in revolutionizing the e-payment system in Nigeria.
It was adopted by Nigerian Central Bank for easy payment and fund collection on behalf of the Federal Government.
Remita is a multi-channel funds collection system which supports all types of biller organisations.
With the Remita platform, organisations and individuals can make and receive payments easily without much stress.
How to Make Online Payment with Remita
- Visit Remita website and click “Pay A Federal Government Agency” button.
- Beneficiary’s Name: Type in the “name of the MDA” in the first space that is provided. i.e, name of the institution or organization you are paying the money to.
- Name of Service/Purpose: You will have to select the name of service or the purpose of payment in the drop-down list provided for you.
- Description: You will have to describe what the payment for.
- Amount To Pay(₦): Type in the amount that you want to pay.
- Payer’s Full Name: Enter your full name.
- Payer’s Email: Enter your Email address.
- Payer’s Phone: Enter your phone number.
- Pass the Security Captcha: Enter the key characters you see in the image correctly.
- Click on “Proceed to Payment”.
How to Generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR)
When you have completed the steps, you will be redirected to Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Invoice Page to generate your RRR.
Your unique RRR Code will be displayed, the unique code is based on the completion of the above steps.
It is for the transaction. The RRR Invoice page is where you will see many options to make the payments.
Remita Payment Methods
1. Internet Banking
You are allowed to make payments using the internet banking system. All needed to be done is to transfer the funds from your account to the beneficiary account through the Remita powered transfer.
On the “Pay with Internet banking” column, the icon of banks that supports internet banking via Remita platform are displayed. Click on the name of your bank and proceed to payment.
2. Cards or Wallets
This option enables you to make payments via your ATM Cards online. Simply click on your card type (MasterCard, Visa, Verve). You can also pay using the eWallet services i.e. PocketMoni.
3. Bank Deposit
This is the most common among Nigerians. Simply pay the required sum at any bank branch.
To do this, simply print the transaction receipt or copy the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) code. Take it to the bank and pay the amount.