This short post explains the major differences between YouTube and YouTu.be URLs.
Most of us make use of YouTube to watch our favorite online videos, tutorials, comedy etc. While uploading videos online we prefer to upload it on YouTube, which is the best and most popular video sharing platform.
While we watching, uploading and sharing videos we always see YouTube.com which is the YouTube official URL – but most us have also come across Youtu.be URLs as well.
If you have noticed this two different URLs, then you must have wondered what exactly is the difference between YouTube and Youtu.be
Difference Between YouTube and Youtu.be
- YouTube.com URL is a top-level domain name (TLD). This is the original domain name of YouTube.
- YouTu.be is a country code domain TLD (aka ccTLD). The .be is a domain name assigned to Belgium.
- Youtu.be is just a shortened URL that still leads to Youtube.com
.com, .net, .org, are the most common domain names.
As .com domains signifies a domain name for a commercial entity, the YouTube founders chose YouTube.com for their video service. The YouTube.com domain was registered on 14 Feb 2005.
In November 2006, Google bought YouTube for $1.65 Billion, and included it as one of its subsidiaries.
In 2009, Google launched the YouTu.be domain name. Like we explained earlier – the .be stands for Belgium.
In 2010, YouTube was serving over 2 billion video each day.
As at the year 2014, over 300 hours of videos was uploaded every minute to YouTube.
Today YouTube head office Located in California, United States.
Users of YouTube can Upload, Share, view, rate, add to favorites, report and comment on videos.
According to Alexia, YouTube is now the second most visited website in the world, with over 15 billion monthly visitors.
- Meet The Original Founders of YouTube
- How to Download YouTube Videos For Free
- 5 Ways to Make Money From YouTube Videos
- 7 Best YouTube Alternatives you will Love
- MTN YouTube Subscription USSD Codes